Friday, March 22, 2013

It's Ok To Stare.

I'm sorry it has been so long since my last post.

My kids are keeping me very  busy. 

They are such a blessing that my heart is full when I look into their big beautiful blue eyes!
Jonathan will turn 7 in May. 

That is difficult to say and even more so to read. I doesn't feel as if he was just born but it did all go by in such a blur that it's hard to believe it's already been so long. 
I was thinking to myself today, he is in the stage right before the pre-teen stage.

I call it the pre-pre-teen. It seems laughable and the term is pretty funny. If you think about it, though -- 
Seven year olds can pack quite a bit of attitude, personality and independence!

Today he made his own cereal, soon it will be driving his own car. ( I kid.)

Still, it seems as if it may go by that quickly.


Matthew is still semi-squishy. He turned 2 in February.He isn't much of a dare-devil but he does like to test the waters. He loves to take pictures of himself with my phone. 
When he begins to cry for no apparent reason, (toddlers do that tons) I will hand him my phone so he can take "pishurs". I have about 50 crooked pictures of his chubby cheeked- pouty lipped-  dimpled chin-puppy dog eyed face.   His eyes are so dreamy. I could stare into them for days! 

Not long ago, the family went to lunch at Panera Bread.  The cashier could not stop going on about how beautiful Matthew's eyes were. I smiled and said "Thank you." 

Then the guy told me that he had my  eyes. Oh, I do like to thinks so. Haha. ;)

It was a nice and friendly conversation.  Until....
The guy made his way over to our table. He stood their and stared at us while making small talk. I was as polite as I could possibly be. It was very odd, though. I think I figured out what led him over there.

It wasn't just that we had nice eyes. ( haha.) It was that we have crystal blue eyes. His were dark.

You may think I'm complimenting myself. It does sound a lot like that, I admit! However, I want to point out two things.  I almost only am complimented by others on my eyes and mostly, I personally find dark eyes to be gorgeous. I think it goes into the whole " the grass is always greener on the other side." bit. If you have blue eyes -- and they could be some of the most gorgeous eyes out there -- and you stare at them daily, you find brown eyes to be gorgeous. If you have brown eyes, like say, Mr. Panera Bread, you find blue eyes to be gorgeous. 

In any case, it was a nice compliment and not so much for me but for my son.  My hopes are that Matthew and Jonathan both see a world of adventure through their sparkling crystal blue eyes. My dream is that each year that passes brings new excitement, dreams and a bright future. As bright as their eyes. 

As for me and my eyes... well, the only thing I want to do with them... is stare at my precious boys and watch them as they grow. Remembering the time that the overly friendly ( and somewhat insane) Panera Bread Guy complimented us on our eyes, not just once... but the next time we went to eat there, too. Haha. :)


(Note: We have since found at differently located Panera Bread to lunch at. ;) ) 




No comments:

Post a Comment